VMware Tanzu GemFire for Kubernetes Release Notes
Release Date: April 21, 2021
In this release:
- The default for the Tanzu GemFire max-connections property has changed from 800 to 5000.
- The image reference for kube-rbac-proxy has been removed from the operator, making installation without accessing an external registry possible.
logsAndStatsdirectory is now persisted and retrievable after a pod restart.
- The operator can be installed by using helm; manual download of the operator tar file is supported, but no longer required.
- Pod annotations for the Wavefront collector have changed
from prometheus.io to wavefront.com in support of Wavefront collector
version 1.3.1 and later.
Users should update to use version 1.3.1 or later of the Wavefront collector,
or use the
collector.discovery.annotationPrefixflag during installation of Wavefront.
- Upgraded Apache Geode to version 1.13.2
Release Date: December 2, 2020
In this release:
- VMware Tanzu GemFire for Kubernetes works with the Tanzu GemFire cluster v1.0 release, which is based on Apache Geode version 1.13.1.
- Do not start or stop locators or servers. This is the job of the Kubernetes cluster. It starts and re-creates locators and servers as needed. The CRD defines quantities of locators and servers.
- Connecting Tanzu GemFire clusters via WAN gateways is not supported.
- Encryption with SSL is not supported.
More than one version of Tanzu Gemfire for Kubernetes can work with more than one version of Tanzu GemFire cluster. This table lists version compatibilities.
|Tanzu Gemfire for Kubernetes||Works with Tanzu GemFire Cluster|
|v1.0.0 and 1.0.1||v1.0.0 and 1.0.1|